Born in Bogotá, Colombia. Studied Graphic Design and took an Actors directorate specialization course in San Antonio de los Baños, Cuba. He started working in television in 1991 doing his internship at RCN Televisión. After that, he was hired by PUNCH Televisión as assistant director and then worked at DO RE CREATIVA TV.
He managed the image of Canal Uno and Canal A. He was the radio and television director at Caracol House Agency for then move to be the advertising director at Cenpro Televisión. Carrying on with his innovative style, he campaigned for stories like Perro Amor and ¿Por qué diablos? which made him popular amongst the press and national and international media as one of the creatives with the most vision in Colombia.
After that, in 2001, he was called by Caracol Televisión to be the advertising creative director of the channel, launching several products successfully: Pedro el Escamoso and created the advertising and marketing campaign for the “Pirulino” dance (the main character´s dance) which positioned it as the number one story (or “novela” as called in Colombia) in the viewer’s hearts. Additionally, he achieved brands like Coca-Cola to sponsor cinema cycles of the channel with a creative strategy that he set by the interaction between the product and the Hollywood heroes.
Thanks to his ideas, he has won several advertising international awards (16 in total). After Caracol, he worked in the United States for Telemundo to be advertising senior producer and two years later, he became the programming vice-president, being in charge of the novelas and producing successful stories like La Tormenta, la mujer en el espejo and Te voy a Enseñar a Querer. During this time, he also created and led the cross-promotion department of Telemundo.
Later on, he was called again by Caracol Televisión as promotion manager to support the channel with great releases like Sin Tetas no hay Paraíso, El Cartel de los Sapos, Vecinos, El Desafío and more of his new productions. Being there, he also worked as Marketing manager, promoting the channel´s name throughout the country, with events like Wendy Jimenez´s dance (from the story Nadie es Eterno en el Mundo) which originated a number of gigs and trips for the talents with the coming channel products, until placing it as number one in the consumers´ heads. With a big BTL job, he changed the image of the channel and created a new motto: “Más cerca de ti” (closer to you) when UNIVISIÓN called him back to Miami to manage the Creative Direction of their TELEFUTURA channel. There, after achieving the best 2012 Sweeps ratings together with the programming area, Telemundo got him back as their Creative Center vice-president. In 2013, the channel got the highest numbers of all their history until then.
In 2014 he started his own advice Company, were he worked in specific projects with CISNEROS, SHINE, CARACOL, SONY, FOX, AZTECA, AMERICA, NBCUNIVERSO, advertising agencies in Miami and direct clients in Colombia, the United States and Mexico.
He was an associate producer with Bonsai3, developing contents for different channels and screens around the world and providing creative advice to channels in Mexico, South America and the United States.
In 2016, the RCN channel asked him to go back to Colombia to be the Advertising and Promotions Manager, position he currently holds. Since then, he has had the opportunity to continue innovating in his professional career when he changed the whole image of the channel. He, for the first time in television, asked the viewers themselves to present programming slots, the channel´s IDs, and to close any promotion, as well as launching successfully one of the most important novelas or stories Colombia has had recently: La Ley Del corazón.
This has given him the opportunity within the company itself to participate in the design of the channel´s programming and the support for designing the new products, contributing his knowledge and experience in the different training fields.
- Promax GOLD AWARD 2000 “ARNOLD” Best Promo Not Using Program Footage
- Promax GOLD AWARD 2000 “ARNOLD” Something for Nothing
- Promax GOLD AWARD 2001 “BABY ARNOLD” Special Event Program Promotion
- Promax GOLD AWARD 2001 “DON SILVESTER” Theatrical Air Release to Television
- Promax SILVER AWARD 2001 “BABY ARNOLD” Funniest Promo
- Promax SILVER AWARD 2001 “DON SILVESTER” Special Event Program Promotion
- Promax SILVER AWARD 2001 “DON SILVESTER” Theatrical Movies Release for Television
- Promax GOLD AWARD 2004 “VERANO DE PELÍCULA” Holiday/Seasonal Program Promotion
- NBC OVATION 2004 “PASION DE GAVILANES” A Successful Launch
- Promax GOLD AWARD 2005 “TE VOY A ENSEÑAR A QUERER” Use of Original Music Composition
- Promax GOLD AWARD 2008 “EL CARTEL DE LOS SAPOS” Collateral Materia
- Promax GOLD AWARD 2008 “EL CARTEL DE LOS SAPOS” On- Air Program Campaign
- Promax GOLD AWARD 2010 “CAMPAÑA GOL CARACOL” Sport Program Promotion
- Promax GOLD AWARD 2011 MEJOR CAMPAÑA El Secretario novel
- Promax GOLD AWARD 2013 Telenovela promotion El Señor de los Cielos
- New York Festival FINALIST AWARD WINNER 2014 World Best TV & Film Pablo Escobar
- Corporación Universitaria Taller 5 Bogotá D.C 1987 -1991 Graphic designer Emphasis on Video and Television
- Escuela de Cine San Antonio de los Baños, Cuba 1992 -1993 Actors Director for theatre and Cinema